How to make Eggnog - recipe suitable for the kiddies too!
A hot festive treat
In many countries such as the UK, Ireland and America, Eggnog is a hot Christmas favourite. This delicious treat is a great way to warm the soul over the festive season and is the perfect novelty for social gatherings with family and friends.
As Eggnog slowly makes it's way into more Kiwi households, it won't be long until it becomes a Christmas staple. For those of you who want to try it, and for those who are looking for a simple recipe that's child friendly, lets just say...Christmas has come early this year!
Below is a rich, sweet and creamy recipe, give it a go and let us know how you get on.
Eggnog Recipe - makes 6 cups
- 6 large egg, yolk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, pure
- 3 cups milk or 3 cups nutmilk if you avoid dairy
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together eggs, maple syrup, and milk in a medium saucepan, and then place over the stove on medium heat. Whisk regularly until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a metal spoon slightly.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the spices and vanilla.
- Put in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Whisk well before serving.
It's as simple as that! Give it a go at your next Christmas party and make your social gatherings that extra bit special.
P.S - If you share your recipe on social media, don't forgot to TAG us @christmasjumpersnz